Sunday, April 08, 2007

Alright, it's been a while since I've posted on Blogger. I've been working on josephpalumbo.net, but haven't had time to make any real headway on it. So I thought I'd throw a post onto my old pal, Blogger, just for grins.

So, as of three weeks ago or so, I got a job at the local Apple store. Things have been working out great. Apple is a tremendous company and such an enjoyable place to work. I'm hoping they can fit me in full time so I don't have to go back to work at the bank.

I bought a MacBook Pro (2.33GHz Core 2 Duo, 15.5" screen, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD) to replace my 12" PowerBook 1.5GHz. So far it's been a tremendous upgrade. The screen alone has been such a job to work with. No more mashing my F9 key to spread all of my windows out. Since out 17" PowerBook 1.6GHz has a failing LCD, Liz has inherited my old 12" PBook. I'm hoping to save up the money to buy her a black MacBook soon.

I'm right on the edge of buying a new digital camera. The Samsung NV7 OPS dropped $100 in price since the last time I looked at it and it's really, really tempting. One of the only reasons I'm not jumping on that like a free buffeet is that I was looking for a super-small, ultra portable camera that I could carry around with me everywhere. The Samsung NV7 does not quite fit in that category. It's got a non-retractable lens that would keep it out of my pocket - which might be a good thing. If only I could find a Samsung custom made case/bag for it. I'm really big on buying accessories from the original manufacturer, even though they tend to be overpriced most of the time.

Also in my Apple news section. There might be a chance for me to go to Cupertino in the not-so-distant future. I can't really go into detail about it, not because it's secretive, but I don't want to jinx myself. Having said that, it would be so friggin' cool to hang out at 1 Infinite Loop!

That's pretty much everything for right now. Be on the look out for my new personal blog: The Palumblog, hosted by Media Temple.

Talk back soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home