Friday, January 26, 2007

Not Yet

My grandmother was supposed to get out of the hospital today, but one test or another showed the possibility of internal bleeding. So we wait another day and maybe, with a little luck, she'll get out tomorrow. Mickey was supposed to fly back to Little Rock tomorrow, but he decided, after speaking to my aunt, to stay until grandma was released. He should be departing on Sunday.

Mickey, my uncle, has been a tremendous help and I can't imagine having to do this by myself. He's always been such a great guy, but this is going far beyond the call of duty for any son-in-law. I wish more people could be like him. The only other person that comes to mind that comes close to this type of selflessness is my good friend Jess. Although I never needed him to spend a week in a hospital room tending to my ailing grand-maw, I'm sure if I needed him he would have done it in a heartbeat.

Here's to the good people in the world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home