Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Reving the MacBook

Apple introduced some speed bumps for their line of MacBooks. The low-end $1099 version has now been raised to a 2 GHz Core 2 Duo Intel processor, 80 GB hard drive, 1 GB of memory and Combo Drive. With a student discount, this notebook retails for $999. This is as close Apple is going to get to the $100 laptop project.

What I'm psyched about it picking up an old version of the MacBook at a massive discount. I can't imagine why I would need a 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo processor in a MacBook. It would be used primarily for casual computing.

Samsung NV7 OPS

A few weeks ago (I can't remember if I mentioned this already) I bought the Samsung NV7 OPS. I haven't had much of an opportunity to use this yet. Partly because it's been raining and I've been hesitant to take it out in bad weather. Secondly because I've been working and I don't really have time to take pictures on my lunch break. I'll probably get good usage out of it this weekend for Walk America and PodCamp San Antonio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home